FEATURED VIDEOS

 

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

A Few Of Cat's Favorite Things!!

Hey y'all!! Welcome to our VERY first challenge here on the Mod Squad Blog! We are so very excited to launch our blog, and hope you will enjoy it too! Every Wednesday we will have a new challenge and the first Wednesday of the month, that challenge will be a prize challenge! And yes, this is your prize challenge for this month! First, let's get some of the small print out of the way! :D

 Here are the rules:
  • Please create a new card/project for each challenge.
  • You may use any vendors/products.
  • The host/hostess will choose 3 winners.
  • All 3 cards will be pinned to our Mod Squad Challenge Blog Pinterest Board (follow the link on the left column) and when there is a craft prize the host/hostess will choose one from among those 3 winning cards. The winners will be announced in a separate post that will go up on Tuesdays before the next challenge post goes up. Any winners of craft prizes have 1 week to respond to claim the prize. Prizes that are unclaimed will be offered again on another challenge.
  • Our challenges may be combined with up to 4 other challenges, so to be eligible for any prizes and Pinning you can have a total of 5 challenges you've entered. We rely on the honor system so please be honest.
  • The Mod Squad challenges run for 6 days.
  • Winners will be chosen from among the entries submitted in time.
  • Please link up your challenge entry using the linky at the end of the post.  
Thank you so much for playing along and we hope to bring fun and creativity to your day!
 
Now for this week's challenge!



The title of this challenge is "A Few Of My Favorite Things". And since this is my birthday month, we are gonna ALL celebrate by making cards with a few of my favorite things in card making! :D I am going to list a few of my favorite things (in the card making business) and you have to choose at least THREE of them and include on your creation. 

Here are is my list:

1. Distressed edges
2. Ribbon
3. Die Cuts
4. Pearl stickers
5. Twine
6. Metallic Rubs
7. Layering of an image
8. Charms
9. Copic coloring of an image
10. Use of Distress Inks
11. Kraft card stock
12. Buttons

Now, like I said, you only have to pick 3 of them to put on your creation to qualify for this challenge! I have several of them on this card I made....die cuts, distressed edges, layering of images, etc., etc. I used the stamp set Stamper's Favorites by Melanie Muenchinger from Gina K Designs. I found a free printable calendar online and made it super small and then printed it out to add to my card stock. I attached a super tiny rhinestone on a date of a friends birthday. The butterfly has a gorgeous shimmer to it that you cant really see, but I used some Tim Holtz Frosted Film over the butterfly after stamping it, then fussy cut the butterfly. LOVE that stuff!

Edited to add link to Free (for personal use) Calendar. Here is the link!
Free 2014 Calendar. Please note! I had to shrink the size down to a size a liked!


Oh! What? I said something about a prize? OH!! Yes I did! ;) As stated in the rules, there will be 3 winners...and from those 3 one will be chosen to win........get ready for it.............A $50 Gift Certificate from Gina K Designs!! How awesome is that?! Gina has oh so graciously sponsored us for the prize this week! :D

Now, Go Forth and Create!! Can't wait to see all of your gorgeous creations!!

--Cat
Mod Squad Hostess

Card Details:
Stamps: Stamper's Favorites from Gina K Designs
Papers: Gina K Design Pure Luxury cardstock in Ivory, Graphic 45's Sweet Sentiments DP
Accessories: Distress inks in Vintage Photo, Antique Linen and Dried Marigold, TH Frosted Film, small free printable calendar, rolled rose, chipboard button, Spellbinder's Ribbon Banner die and Radiant Rectangle dies, Pearl stickers, distressing tool, twine, pop dots, metallic rub, seam binding ribbon, glittered floral piece, bead charm and chipboard piece attached with jumprings, rhinestone stickers, glue dots, sponging tool.








26 comments:

  1. Great challenge, love the options you can choose from, the prizes are Unbelievable!!!! And that card of yours is over the top GORGEOUS!!! Like it would be anything else! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to get started on this. Love your card - such awesome inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omg, your card is absolutely stunning! Love the colors you used! Looking forward to playing along.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, amazing card. I am so going to use your idea for the mini calendar and circle the date of my friends b-day for the card i make for her. :) This seems a wonderfully fun challenge board. Thanks to you all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your collage card is stunning, Cat. I would love to know where you found that wonderful printable calendar, if it is something you can share. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad I stumbled upon your first challenge, and your card is absolutely stunning! I'm now following you and BTW, happy birthday this month!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, it's like 12 cards in one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card Cat… Love all the details and layers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful, Cat, and Happy Birthday month to you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card, Cat. Happy Birthday month to you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card and fun challenge, can't wait to get to it. Thanks Cat, and Happy Birthday month to you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card. Just found your challenge and became a follower.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card and a great challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm so glad my link worked to my new blog. I'm so excited to be in this challenge. Thanks for the invite. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. ? can you enter more then one card?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yes...you can enter as many cards as you'd like!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Cat, what a beautiful card. I love all the elements! I look forward to many more great challenges from the team.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous card! I love that butterfly. This sounds like a really fun challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow Cat - this is one fabulousa card!!! It's my favorite kind, too - kinda shabby chic, but not to shabby :) Hope I can play with you all. :*

    ReplyDelete
  20. First of all, I love the card you made Cat. It is so gorgeous. And I am enjoying all the fabulous works of art displayed by so many card makers. I had lots of problems uploading my last one, but see it did finally load but not in my name but by my blog name. LOL Oh, dear! How did I manage that? I hope it will be okay regardless!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I redid my photo upload. I think this time I got it right. Sorry but I was having a dickens of a time with it today! But persistence prevailed. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  22. This sounds like soo much fun. When do we need to have an entry uploaded?

    ReplyDelete
  23. Cat,
    Your card is beautiful as always, I can't wait to play in the next challenge. The link was closed before I could get mine in at 9 pm Chicago time. Sorry I missed you first one :(

    ReplyDelete
  24. I can't link my card.... But don't have blog I can't get some help thanks hotwheels

    ReplyDelete