FEATURED VIDEOS

 

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

What "Wood" You Create...

Hi there!  Laurie here, and I'm excited to be hosting my first challenge!

As you know, trends come and go in the paper crafting world.  Some, however, have some staying power and stick around for a while.  One of those long lasting trends is wood!  I happen to love me some wood - woodgrain, wood embellishments, and wood paper are all on my love list!

My challenge to to you is to use some wood (woodgrain, wood embellishments, or wood paper) on your project!


For my card, I started with some patterned paper that I had in my stash.  I heat embossed and watercolored the flowers from the Garden Forever Stamp Duo (Gina K Designs) for the focal image.  The sentiment (also form the Garden Forever Stamp Duo) is heat embossed on vellum cardstock.

For embellishments, I added two wood hearts and a wood butterfly.  I kept them natural (no paint or ink) as I thought it brought out the natural color of the patterned paper.


Here are the details for playing along:

  • Please create a new card/project for each challenge.
  • You may use any vendors/products.
  • The host/hostess will choose 3 winners.
  • All 3 cards will be pinned to our Mod Squad Challenge Blog Pinterest Board (follow the link on the right column) and when there is a craft prize the host/hostess will choose one from among those 3 winning cards. The winners will be announced in a separate post that will go up on Tuesdays before the next challenge post goes up. Any winners of craft prizes have 1 week to respond to claim the prize. Prizes that are unclaimed will be offered again on another challenge.
  • Our challenges may be combined with up to 4 other challenges, so to be eligible for any prizes and Pinning you can have a total of 5 challenges you've entered. We rely on the honor system so please be honest.
  • The Mod Squad challenges are open until the following Monday night so we have time to choose and post winners.
  • Winners will be chosen from among the entries submitted in time.
  • Please link up your challenge entry using the linky at the end of the post and make sure you include the link to this challenge somewhere in your card description. 


Oh...because I want to...and because I love wood...and because it's Wednesday (teeheehee), I have a little prize to offer up!  That's right!  One of the lucky participants of this challenge will win a goody bag with several packages of wood embellishments as well as some woodgrain paper!


I'm so excited to see what you guys come up with!!  ~Laurie


7 comments:

  1. This looks like a cool challenge. Thanks for the info. Somehow, I didn't not get the feed for this post, is there a reason? I happen to come look on the blog and saw it had posted. :) Just curious. This card looks wonderful and can't wait to play along. Thanks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a fun challenge. I'm really enjoying this blog and all the inspiration I get from the other entries.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome challenge theme! I've had this wooden bird image laying on my table (in my way) for months now! This is the PERFECT opportunity to create with it. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been wanting to use wood so thanks for the push. I bought the large wood grain background stamps from mFT bc I don't think the wood thing will ever not be trendy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, this looks like a great challenge, and a lot of awesome cards… :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. A challenge to think about, Laurie. Love your card and an awesome group of submissions. Thanks for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for a fun challenge! Your card is gorgeous! Hmmm - made me realize I will have to buy some wood embellishments!

    ReplyDelete