FEATURED VIDEOS

 

Wednesday, February 5, 2014

It's A Mod Squad Valentine Challenge!!!


It's time for another Mod Squad Challenge!!!!  And with the time of year.....I just bet you can guess what the challenge may be!!!!   ;)   But wait....it's TWOFER challenge....so there are 2 parts to it!!!  Don't panic...I promise they are both simple.....and fun!!!

From Millan.Net From Millan.Net

Ok....now guess!!!  LOL  Right.....because Valentine's Day is right around the corner this week's challenge is to use at least one HEART and some GLITTER on your card or project!!  Any type of heart.....an image or an embellishment, etc.  And some glitter!!  After all love is SPARKLY!!!  Any type of glitter....stickles, loose glitter, glitter pen, etc.  I know you all can be super creative with this!!!

Here's mine....


For this card I used the Gina K. Designs stamp set Sent With Love.  I love that little bench!!  I stamped and colored the image and then stamped the sentiment and then did one of my favorite techniques...glittering up the entire panel!  It's super simple to do!  Just press your Versamark pad all over the stamped/colored panel, then sprinkle with an embossing powder glue product...I used Judikins Sticky Stuff.  Tamp off the excess and then heat with heat gun just until shiny.  Then cover in a clear, iridescent  glitter and tamp off the excess.  Voila!!!  That's all there is to it!!!  I used one of my favorite cardstock combinations, Gina K Pure Luxury Cherry Red and Innocent Pink!!  And a cute little bow with Gina K Black Onyx gingham ribbon and a touch of pearls.....I also embossed the white background and an inside panel.  It's already been sent off to a friend!  ;)

Now....since it's the first week of the month....you all know what THAT means, right???!!!!  Yeppers!!!  It's time for the $50 Gina K Designs Gift Certificate Prize!!!!  That's the prize for this week's challenge!!!  Now here are the challenge rules and details.....and then I hope you go get crafty and have fun creating with your HEARTS!!!!  (ok those who know me just KNEW a cheesy pun was coming up sometime! LOL). 

  • Please create a new card/project for each challenge.
  • You may use any vendors/products.
  • The host/hostess will choose 3 winners.
  • All 3 cards will be pinned to our Mod Squad Challenge Blog Pinterest Board (follow the link on the right column) and when there is a craft prize the host/hostess will choose one from among those 3 winning cards. The winners will be announced in a separate post that will go up on Tuesdays before the next challenge post goes up. Any winners of craft prizes have 1 week to respond to claim the prize. Prizes that are unclaimed will be offered again on another challenge.
  • Our challenges may be combined with up to 4 other challenges, so to be eligible for any prizes and Pinning you can have a total of 5 challenges you've entered. We rely on the honor system so please be honest.
  • The Mod Squad challenges are open until the following Tuesday morning Central Time so we have time to choose and post winners.
  • Winners will be chosen from among the entries submitted in time and the Winner post will go up sometime Tuesday.
  • Please link up your challenge entry using the linky at the end of the post and make sure you include the link to this challenge somewhere in your card description.

~ Lee ~

8 comments:

  1. Woohoo! 2 of my favorite things! You can never have enough hearts or enough glitter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Lee! I love your bow, I'm gonna have to play who can resist hearts and glitter!!??
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  3. right in line with this person's ideas Love them both. Thanks Lee.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great challenge! Hearts and glitter go perfectly together. Is it OK to enter more than once (as long as each entry is a new card)?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I guess I didn't read the rules all the way through. Sorry. I have way more than 4 other challenges. Will do better next time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stephanie yes you can enter with new cards! Susan....gotcha....but we're still glad you enjoyed playing along!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have such a beautiful card Lee. I am glad I entered this challenge. I have not gotten my floor so glittery in a long time. Might have to do another for this challenge as I still need more Valentines.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great cards. I'm sorry I can't play this week.

    ReplyDelete