FEATURED VIDEOS

 

Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Thinking of Spring...


 

Ready for another Mod Squad Challenge?  Laurie here, and I'm excited to bring you this week's challenge!

As I was thinking about the challenge, I was staring outside my dining room window.  What I saw was solid snow and ice.  And wind.  And drifts.  I truly am grateful for the moisture, but it starts to get hard this time of year when it's too cold and miserable to go outside.  A little cabin fever, if you will.  I then started to imagine what the hills and fields would look like covered in wild flowers (as they are every late Spring).  The challenge that I came up with was just a natural progression of this line of thought!

My challenge to you is an easy one!  Create a card or other project that features a flower (or flowers)!  Super easy!

Here's what I came up with...


Since I love flowers so much, I have a lot of flower stamps!  The hardest part of this for me, was choosing which flower to use!  :-)

I ended up choosing a flower from the Bold Blooms set.  The sentiment is from the Stamper's Favorites set (both sets are from Gina K Designs).

  • Please create a new card/project for each challenge.
  • You may use any vendors/products.
  • The host/hostess will choose 3 winners.
  • All 3 cards will be pinned to our Mod Squad Challenge Blog Pinterest Board (follow the link on the right column) and when there is a craft prize the host/hostess will choose one from among those 3 winning cards. The winners will be announced in a separate post that will go up on Tuesdays before the next challenge post goes up. Any winners of craft prizes have 1 week to respond to claim the prize. Prizes that are unclaimed will be offered again on another challenge.
  • Our challenges may be combined with up to 4 other challenges, so to be eligible for any prizes and Pinning you can have a total of 5 challenges you've entered. We rely on the honor system so please be honest.
  • The Mod Squad challenges are open until the following Tuesday morning Central Time so we have time to choose and post winners.
  • Winners will be chosen from among the entries submitted in time and the Winner post will go up sometime Tuesday.
  • Please link up your challenge entry using the linky at the end of the post and make sure you include the link to this challenge somewhere in your card description.

I can't wait to see all of your flower filled creations!!

~Laurie


9 comments:

  1. Ahhhh Spring! Not here either, so I will just enjoy your GORGEOUS card! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great challenge. Love the card you made. That is just one of my many favorite.. You can't go wrong with flowers.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like fun challenge. I am soooo ready for spring and flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh the difference a week can make. It was sub-zero temperatures here in Seattle just one week ago.. snow on the ground over the weekend. And today, well it's 51 outside and sunny!! Hope the goodness is moving eastward for everyone. Fun challenge! Beautiful card, Laurie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the challenge--I'm longing for spring! :) Your card is AMAZING--thanks for that little bit of added inspiration! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Since the spring season is still aluding us still, I am really enjoying your lovely card you created. Flowers are most certainly an mood lifter and your brightly colored one is awesome. It sounds like we may hit the 40's above next week. I can hardly wait as it has been so long since we felt that warm.

    ReplyDelete
  7. 31 days to go until Spring and I'm not really sure if our snow will have melted by that time . In the meantime, thanks for a promising challenge and your beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Woops I totally missed the cut off time to add my link! Ah well. ;)
    http://kandiphillips.blogspot.com/2014/02/thank-you-dahlia.html

    ReplyDelete