FEATURED VIDEOS

 

Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Let's DIY!!!


Hey y'all!! Cat here with our challenge for you this week! And it's a 'DIY' challenge. DIY, for those that might not know, means Do It Yourself. And we are going to DIY designer paper! YOU are to design your own paper! I've made two cards to give you some examples:


For the card on the left I took a piece of designer paper and then stamped onto it, making it my 'own' designer paper! Here is the card a bit closer:


For this card I used the stamp sets Elegant Flourishes and With Sympathy both from Gina K Designs. The dp is from a package I picked up at Michael's (they have some really super cute stuff actually!), and then I justed stamped some of the flourish stamps all over it. The flower is one I made simply by cutting in a spiral shape out of Gina K Designs' Tomato Soup cardstock (which, by the way, matches almost perfect to that paper pack from Michaels!) then rolling after distressing the edges a bit. And the next card:


For this card I took a blank piece of cardstock, Wild Orchid from Gina K Designs is what I used. I then stamped the flowers like you see and then doodled dots here and there with a white paint pen....Tada! My DIY designer papers! :D

Ok, it's your turn now! We cannot wait to see what you come up with for this challenge....OH!! And PRIZE you say? Why yes, there sure is one...a really REALLY good one! How about a $50.00 Gift certificate from Gina K Designs!! woohoo! Ok, here is all the fine print:


*Please create a new card/project for each challenge.

*You may use any vendors/products.

*The host/hostess will choose 3 winners.
All 3 cards will be pinned to our Mod Squad Challenge Blog Pinterest Board (follow the link on the right column) and when there is a craft prize the host/hostess will choose one from among those 3 winning cards. The winners will be announced in a separate post that will go up on Tuesdays before the next challenge post goes up. Any winners of craft prizes have 1 week to respond to claim the prize. Prizes that are unclaimed will be offered again on another challenge.

*Our challenges may be combined with up to 4 other challenges, so to be eligible for any prizes and Pinning you can have a total of 5 challenges you've entered. We rely on the honor system so please be honest.

*The Mod Squad challenges are open until the following Monday night so we have time to choose and post winners.

*Winners will be chosen from among the entries submitted in time.

*Please link up your challenge entry using the linky at the end of the post and make sure you include the link to this challenge somewhere in your card description.


Ok, go forth and create!! And thanks so much for playing along with us! YOU are what makes it FUN! :D

~~Cat



11 comments:

  1. Oh you know I LOVE to make my own dp!!! What a great challenge Cat...and gorgeous cards!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this sounds like a LOT of fun -- can't wait to play along! BTW - beautiful examples!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wooo, wonderful challenge. This will be fun. Both of yours are gorgeous…. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this is always such a FUN Challenge! LOVE your DP and your pretty inspirational cards! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay - love making my own patterned paper! Love both your cards, you are always such an inspiration to me. Great challenge my dear!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your dp so pretty...I will play as long as I can remember how to upload.If not Lee is just around the corner:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun challenge theme. It is so easy to reach for the design papers but not quite so quick to create your own. Great samples from the Design Team. Thanks for the unique challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What gorgeous examples! This challenge is right up my alley, I really hope I have time to participate!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your cards, Cat! Such a fun challenge! So glad I'm able to play this week! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Missed the deadline I guess, but here's a link:
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/rieslingmama/13715716595/

    ReplyDelete