FEATURED VIDEOS

 

Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Nontraditional Card Challenge !!!!

   


Hi everyone! It's me, Karen. I'm so excited to be hosting this weeks Mod Squad Challenge. I had to really think of a good challenge for ya'll, because there is a awesome prize this week. I was really inspired at the release party and blog hop over at Stamp Tv. There was a card that was stamped with masculine images but was so feminine, and that was my inspiration. Judy Woodland created a card using the new Out West 2 stamp set by Theresa Momber. Here is the link to that card. 
http://stamptv.ning.com/photo/desert-sunset?context=user  .When you look at the set there are cactus and cowboys, barbed wire and such. Masculine. But Judy created a scene that was feminine . Here is the link to Judy's card

So this week the Challenge is to use a image that you would usually use for a masculine card, but make it a feminine card.
This is the one I created!



I used Gina K Designs pure luxury card stock in Kraft,  Innocent Pink & White. The image is from Gina K Designs,  Country Roads - illustrated by Theresa Momber
I used Gina K Designs ink - Navy & Innocent Pink ribbon. Momentos Black ink and copics to color. Added some pink bling from my stash. 

*********

For the second card I had fun using the set  Follow Your Dreams by Theresa Momber.  I used Gina K Designs Pure Luxury Warm Cocoa, Black Onyx, & White (Layering weight) card stock. Layered the focal image on some DP from my stash. I also used Gina K Designs Inks in Innocent Pink, Ocean Mist, Sweet Corn, Sweet Mango, Warm Cocoa, & Black.  Added some Innocent Pink ribbon, and enamel dots from the stash along with a little glitter pen for some sparkle. Copics to color the boat and water.



 Hope you all get a chance to play.

* Remember Masculine Image made into a Feminine card.*


To Play Along:

Please create a new card/project for each challenge.
You may use any vendors/products.
The host/hostess will choose 3 winners.
All 3 cards will be pinned to our Mod Squad Challenge Blog Pinterest Board (follow the link on the right column) and when there is a craft prize the host/hostess will choose one from among those 3 winning cards. The winners will be announced in a separate post that will go up on Tuesdays before the next challenge post goes up. Any winners of craft prizes have 1 week to respond to claim the prize. Prizes that are unclaimed will be offered again on another challenge.
Our challenges may be combined with up to 4 other challenges, so to be eligible for any prizes and Pinning you can have a total of 5 challenges you've entered. We rely on the honor system so please be honest.
The Mod Squad challenges are open until the following Monday night so we have time to choose and post winners.
Winners will be chosen from among the entries submitted in time.

Please link up your challenge entry using the linky at the end of the post and make sure you include the link to this challenge somewhere in your card description. 


Oooh, and there is a AWESOME Prize this week.  So I can't wait to see all the fabulous cards that will be created… I guess y'all want to know what the prize is…..
It is a wonderful $50.00 gift certificate from
 GINA K DESIGNS !!!

THANK YOU,
 GINA!!!


Thanks again,
 Karen Hightower







6 comments:

  1. First, I am so honored that you would showcase my card. Thanks for that Karen. I LOVE this challenge, it will be so much FUN!!! Your cards are fabulous, love them both!! Pink's the thing - right Lee?? Can't wait to play along!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous cards Karen!!! What a great challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic challenge idea. I will have to put on my thinking cap for this! Your examples are exceptional!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun challenge and I know some great subject matter for this card creation I plan to do. And, love your samples. I loved Judy's card too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG!!!!! How on earth am I ever going to compete with you ladies!!! These cards are over the top amazing Karen!!! Great challenge....going to try like heck to play along...if life will let me! Great Great Great Job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your card, Karen....FUN Challenge....hope to have a chance to play! :)

    ReplyDelete