FEATURED VIDEOS

 

Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Patriotic Thank You Challenge!!!



From Millan.Net

This week we honored, appreciated and thought about those who are and have served in our Military!!  Many of us at Stamp TV have families who have and/or still are serving and so the appreciation and remembrances are dear to our hearts!

The challenge this week is to use the colors  RED, WHITE, and BLUE!!!!

It does not have to be a patriotic design....but it can be!  Whatever you are inspired to make by using this color combination!!!!



Now.....I made a card for a wonderful young woman who's like a daughter to me....we call her our 2nd daughter and she calls me her 2nd mom!  She served and recently finished her tour but didn't re-enlist due to many health issues.  I wanted to make her a special thank you card.  So I used the red, white and blue colors but with a feminine image!  And of course some sparkle!!!!  I used the Wink of Stella glitter marker that Gina will be carrying in the store soon!!  I love the shimmer on the white petals with it!!!  There is a learning curve and since I refuse to read instructions before diving into something new I had to learn it a bit of the hard way!  LOL  It can pool up fairly big if you squeeze too hard!  But I love the glitz it leaves!!

Now....this is also a HUGE sneak peek for tomorrow's new Stamp TV Kit release!!!!!!  So make sure you head over to Stamp TV tomorrow (Thursday) to see the details of the kit....the stamps, sentiments, cardstock, papers, embellishments and the title!!!  I'm not giving any of that info away!  Hahahaha!!!  

Now the challenge deets:
  • Please create a new card/project for each challenge.
  • You may use any vendors/products.
  • The host/hostess will choose 3 winners.
  • All 3 cards will be pinned to our Mod Squad Challenge Blog Pinterest Board (follow the link on the right column) and when there is a craft prize the host/hostess will choose one from among those 3 winning cards. The winners will be announced in a separate post that will go up on Tuesdays before the next challenge post goes up. Any winners of craft prizes have 1 week to respond to claim the prize. Prizes that are unclaimed will be offered again on another challenge.
  • Our challenges may be combined with up to 4 other challenges, so to be eligible for any prizes and Pinning you can have a total of 5 challenges you've entered. We rely on the honor system so please be honest.
  • The Mod Squad challenges are open until the following Monday night so we have time to choose and post winners.
  • Winners will be chosen from among the entries submitted in time.
Please link up your challenge entry using the linky at the end of the post and make sure you include the link to this challenge somewhere in your card description. 

The PRIZE.....well let's do a gift bag from my craft room (seriously I have a TON of shhhtufffs!) in reds, whites, blues!!!  Some dp, ribbon, embellies...I even have a mystery stamp set (to you!) that I'll include!

~ Lee ~

 

6 comments:

  1. Lovely card Lee, and I think your 2nd daughter will love it. The new kit looks like it will be a lot of fun, only a few more hours to go. Yahoo!!! I was a little heavy on the Stella, wink, wink, the first time I used it also.Boy did I have a mess. Did it come with instructions? :-) Our military and their family's cannot be thanked enough for their sacrifice and commitment in keeping us safe and protecting our freedoms. God bless them and keep them safe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that bold flower with your awesome bow. Great challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous card and I love that beautiful ribbon you used for the bow. Wow! Wish I could get some of that or similar. It is awesome for patriotic cards and I do so many of them what with giving to the soldiers through Operation Write Home. I just finished a card which will work well for this challenge. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card with the most outstanding bow. Thanks for a great challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this challenge - AND love your card. Great colors. Just a quick question - does this have to be a thank you card or can it be anything? I'm a little confused.

    ReplyDelete