FEATURED VIDEOS

 

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Triple the Fun

 

Hey Fun Seekers~ it's Judy here, bringing you another fun challenge for this week. I'm so happy to be hosting, hope you like what I have for you.
This week I challenge you to do some triple-time stamping. That doesn't mean to stamp 3 times though, this is a technique that has 3 layers, but one stamped background. I have been doing this technique for a couple of years, and recently Gina from StampTV did a video on it.You can see her video HERE. Gina did two layers for her card, I always do three. But if you want to do only 2, that's fine.

I have a couple of cards for you that use this technique.


This first one has kind of an abstract look.I used the Gina K Designs stamp sets Lots of Letters 2, and Pretty Patterns, both by Melanie Muenchinger, for the background. The greeting is the Gina K Designs My Most Favorite stamp set duo, and I layered it on top of the last panel with some foam tape. Those shapes and patterns are really fun to use for this technique. Papers are Gina K Designs Pure Luxury Turquoise Sea, Sweet Mango, and White, and I used Gina K Designs Turquoise Sea, Sweet Mango, and Bubblegum Pink inks to stamp the images. Then I just added a couple of stacked buttons tied together with baker's twine, and some orange Judy Dots.

My next card has a more feminine look:



Here I used Gina K Designs Pure Luxury White and Wild Dandelion card stocks. The images are stamped with Gina K Designs Sweet Corn, and Memento Pear Tart and Tangelo inks. The stamps I used are from the Gina K Designs set Pressed Flowers by Melanie Muenchinger, Simple Flowers by Tami Mayberry, and Flowers Bloom by Rupa Shevde.  The greeting is from Flowers Bloom  as well. I used a die set from Papertrey Ink called Bloom Builders #3 for the flower, cutting it out in white and sponging it with the Sweet Corn ink. The leaves are done with a Martha Stewart punch, and I added some Judy Dots studded with little pearls.

Now for the fine print:
To Play Along:

Please create a new card/project for each challenge.
You may use any vendors/products.
The host/hostess will choose 3 winners.
All 3 cards will be pinned to our Mod Squad Challenge Blog Pinterest Board (follow the link on the right column) and when there is a craft prize the host/hostess will choose one from among those 3 winning cards. The winners will be announced in a separate post that will go up on Tuesdays before the next challenge post goes up. Any winners of craft prizes have 1 week to respond to claim the prize. Prizes that are unclaimed will be offered again on another challenge.
Our challenges may be combined with up to 4 other challenges, so to be eligible for any prizes and Pinning you can have a total of 5 challenges you've entered. We rely on the honor system so please be honest.
The Mod Squad challenges are open until the following Monday night so we have time to choose and post winners.
Winners will be chosen from among the entries submitted in time.

Please link up your challenge entry using the linky at the end of the post and make sure you include the link to this challenge somewhere in your card description. 

And Here's the Prize

A box of goodies for one lucky winner. Some stuff I have been collecting, like great patterned papers, and sundries that every card maker can't get enough of. 
I think you'll like what I have for you.


So go forth and CREATE!!! 
I cannot WAIT to see what wonderful works of art you will come up with!
                                                                                                                                         
                                                      Judy Woodland, Guest Host for the Mod Squad Challenge Blog





6 comments:

  1. Judy, I love your cards and this is a fabulous Challenge. I can't wait to play. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh I love both of your cards....shocker I know! ;) I remember way back when, you showed us all over at STV this technique you had learned from the World Wide Web. lol This is going to be FUN! Congrats on hosting!!! xo~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards Judy. I love this style and cant wait to see what others submit. I have just been trying this myself for the first time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great challenge idea Judy and wonderful inspiration....I made my card will post soon! Thanks for the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great cards! I love this technique!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful challenge and I am working on a card for it. Just so happens I need another graduation card so this will be a good opportunity to get inky again! I adore both of your cards too. You are so talented!

    ReplyDelete