FEATURED VIDEOS

 

Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Love that.....Texture!


Sharyn here, and I'm so excited to be hosting the Mod Squad Challenge this week.  I was looking through some of my stash trying to figure out what to do for this challenge, and I came across several pads of burlap, cork, foil and woven paper.  I seem to accumulate all of these things and not use them very often. 

 So, my challenge for you this week is to
 Love that......Texture! 
And, use some texture on your card.

It can be one of the things I mentioned or stencils and embossing paste, embossing folders, crimped paper......you get the idea! There are so many ways to add texture.  Have fun with it and get creative!

Here's my card

I decided to go with some burlap on my card, but I'm, also, getting texture from fussy cutting the sunflower and popping it up, and the fun bandanna ribbon and bow.  The stamp set I used is called Stately Flowers 5. I think this gorgeous sunflower is one of my very favorites.  To continue on with this very country feel, I picked a pretty blue and white gingham patterned paper as the background.  I decided to die cut a cheery "hello" to add as my sentiment.  For more details and a supply list, please visit my blog.

I can't wait to see the creative ways you add texture to your card or project!


Ok, here are the rules:

-Please create a new card/project for each challenge.

-You may use any vendors/products.

-The host/hostess will choose 3 winners.

-All 3 cards will be pinned to our Mod Squad Challenge Blog Pinterest Board (follow the link on the right column) and when there is a craft prize the host/hostess will choose one from among those 3 winning cards. The winners will be announced in a separate post that will go up on Tuesdays before the next challenge post goes up. Any winners of craft prizes have 1 week to respond to claim the prize. Prizes that are unclaimed will be offered again on another challenge.

-Our challenges may be combined with up to 4 other challenges, so to be eligible for any prizes and Pinning you can have a total of 5 challenges you've entered. We rely on the honor system so please be honest.

-The Mod Squad challenges are open until the following Monday night so we have time to choose and post winners.

-Winners will be chosen from among the entries submitted in time.

6 comments:

  1. SUPER cute card, Sharyn!!! Love this challenge and can't wait to play along!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun challenge Sharyn!! And your card is fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your card, the Big flower and the gingham with the burlap, Fabulous. Great challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Sharyn!!! That bow is soooo cool! Hope to find time to join you my friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card, Sharyn. Love everything about it especially that texture! FUN Challenge....count me in!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for a great challenge. Just linked my card. Lovely card too, so cozy and pretty!

    ReplyDelete