FEATURED VIDEOS

 

Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Coastal Inspiration...

 

Hi there!  I'm so excited about this week's challenge!  I don't know about you, but everywhere I look, I see beach or coastal decor!  It is everywhere!  And not just decor, this trend has made its way into the fashion world as well!  You even see more coastal inspired food around as well!

One thing that I have noticed about this new trend is that it has gotten a fresh new look!  The colors are not just limited to blue and red anymore!  In fact, the colors vary so much - from blues and aquas, to sand hues and yellows.  So much inspiration!

My challenge to you is to create a project inspired by this new fascination with all things coastal!  If you are needing ideas or inspiration, just search Pintrest for Coastal Decor...you will be amazed by all of the soothing colors and textures! 



For my card, I was inspired by many different coastal aspects.  The compass rose image (stamps are from the Here Comes the Sun StampTV Kit) is perfect for this challenge!  For the background, I started with a white piece of cardstock and swiped several ink pads (I used Gina K Color Companions ink pads) across it, trying to blend them a little as I went.  I tried not to give it a completely solid look, and am very pleased with the bits of white showing through!  For the vellum layer, I had in mind the lovely tiles seen in many older coastal cities and tried to replicate that with my embossing folder.



Here's a photo of the StampTV Kit "Here Comes the Sun"...


 http://www.shop.ginakdesigns.com/product.sc?productId=2155&categoryId=37




To make the challenge even more fun, the prize this week is a $25 Gina K Gift Certificate!!  I sure hope you get a chance to play along!  :-)





Here are a few rules to the challenge:
  • Please create a new card/project for each challenge.
  • You may use any vendors/products.
  • The host/hostess will choose 3 winners.
  • All 3 cards will be pinned to our Mod Squad Challenge Blog Pinterest Board (follow the link on the right column) and when there is a craft prize the host/hostess will choose one from among those 3 winning cards. The winners will be announced in a separate post that will go up on Tuesdays before the next challenge post goes up. Any winners of craft prizes have 1 week to respond to claim the prize. Prizes that are unclaimed will be offered again on another challenge.
  • Our challenges may be combined with up to 4 other challenges, so to be eligible for any prizes and Pinning you can have a total of 5 challenges you've entered. We rely on the honor system so please be honest.
  • The Mod Squad challenges are open until the following Monday night so we have time to choose and post winners.
  • Winners will be chosen from among the entries submitted in time.




Hugs, Laurie


5 comments:

  1. Wonderful card & Challenge. The colors on this card are calm and relaxing to me. I really love this card. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great challenge theme. Thanks for the chance to win!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I must tell you how much I love your card and this Challenge! The Beach is the place to be! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH!!! missed it... anyway, here is the link to my post in case you want to check it out...
    Thanks for the inspiration anyway! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, it must have been a really busy week areound here too, who won the challenge?

    ReplyDelete