FEATURED VIDEOS

 

Wednesday, October 22, 2014

It's My Favorite

Hey Fun Seekers~
Judy Woodland here, and I'm so happy to be hosting this week here at the Mod Squad Challenge. Thanks, Lee, for inviting me! It's an honor!!

I really debated about what to have you all do for this week's challenge, there are so many possibilities. So I decided to give you free rein to do whatever you want!!! The only thing I ask is that you create your most very favorite kind of card. That's all....the rest is up to you. Show me what you like to do best.

One of my all-time favorite things is a watercolor background. I love the way watercolor is so unique, every card is different. I have just received some new-to-me watercolors called Brusho Crystal Colors. They are watercolors, but in a tiny crystal form. When you sprinkle the crystals on water saturated paper, they burst into the most AMAZING patterns. I am sharing a link to a YouTube video that shows some of what this product can do.

Here's the card I made with them:
Now mind you, I haven't had these very long, so I'm kind of a novice. But it's so much fun to see the colors bloom. I used GKD Pure Luxury Black Onyx and Blue Raspberry card stock, along with white watercolor paper. The snowflakes were stamped with GKD Snowflake and Let It Snow stamp sets, and heat embossed with white embossing powder. I did the embossing after I let the watercolors dry. Then I stamped the sentiment on some vellum, embossed it with white powder, and created a "belly band" around the card front. I like to use vellum because it doesn't cover up any of the pretty images underneath.

So that's it. Now let me see your all-time favorite kind of card, be it a technique, color, layout, or whatever else you may love. And for the winner of this week's challenge, I'll send you a grab bag with some fun paper crafting stuff.

Ok, here are the rules:

-Please create a new card/project for each challenge.

-You may use any vendors/products.

-The host/hostess will choose 3 winners.

-All 3 cards will be pinned to our Mod Squad Challenge Blog Pinterest Board (follow the link on the right column) and when there is a craft prize the host/hostess will choose one from among those 3 winning cards. The winners will be announced in a separate post that will go up on Tuesdays before the next challenge post goes up. Any winners of craft prizes have 1 week to respond to claim the prize. Prizes that are unclaimed will be offered again on another challenge.

-Our challenges may be combined with up to 4 other challenges, so to be eligible for any prizes and Pinning you can have a total of 5 challenges you've entered. We rely on the honor system so please be honest.
I can't wait to see what you come up with - I know it will be hard to choose a winner!!!



4 comments:

  1. I had never heard of Brusho before. It looks like an interesting product. Thanks for introducing it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you always use wonderful techniques that look awesome!!! You're so creative like that! Love your card, love the Challenge! Count me in! Hmmm CAS or Layers??? What do you think? hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for a great challenge and for sharing with us your amazing card for added inspiration!

    ReplyDelete