FEATURED VIDEOS

 

Wednesday, April 15, 2015

WHEEL IN THE COLOR

MUST BE A FOLLOWER TO WIN PRIZE OR TOP 3!

Hello, Judy Woodland at your service, and welcome to this week's Mod Squad Challenge. I thought it would be fun to do something with color this week, and what could have more color than a color wheel? All you have to do for this challenge is choose 3 colors from the color wheel and create a card. Technically there are primary, secondary, and tertiary combinations on a color wheel, but I'm not going to be that picky. Just pick colors that are pleasing to the eye together. Have some fun with it.




PRIZE:
There is no sponsor this week so another prize from my stash. I got this stamp set in a grab bag. A couple of been used but they are clean:-). Not sure who makes them.
 

Here are my samples for you: 

For this card I chose brighter colors from the red violet, blue green and yellow orange sections. 


The Ingredients Are :
DCWV Miraposa and Stardust Patterned Paper
Sizzix Mixed Media Die by Tim Holtz
Copic Markers
Enamel Accents.

This next card is a little more subdued, but I used the same colors as the first one:

 



The Ingredients Are:
GKD Ivory Card Stock
K & Company Embossed Specialty Papers
Colorbok Fresh Linen Patterned Paper
Recollections The Sweetest Thing Patterned Papers
GKD Dogwood and Butterfly Stamp Set
GKD Fabulous Frame Stamp Set
Distress Markers
Memento Toffee Crunch Ink
Stickles 
Stash Pearls
Rules:

-Must be a NEW card/project as of the challenge start date
-You must be a "Follower" (click the "Join This Site" blue button in the right sidebar) of this blog to be eligible to win
-You may use any vendors products 


-Include a link back to this challenge page -You may enter as many challenges as you like -Enter as many times as you'd like


-Winner must send mailing address to Joyce before the following challenge.
-The host/hostess will pick a "Top 3" which will be featured on our Pinterest board -On sponsored weeks or any host/hostess give away weeks, the winner will be selected using a random generator.  Be sure to follow by email so you get notifications of new posts!(not required) Be sure to follow by email so you get notifications of new posts!(not required)


If you are new to using Inlinkz to upload, there are instructions HERE


 MUST BE A FOLLOWER TO WIN PRIZE OR TOP 3!
Click the "Join This Site" blue button in the right sidebar) of this blog to be eligible to win (I do check)




8 comments:

  1. Your cards are AH~MAZING! Fun Challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun challenge, everyone should find this easy. Love your bold and bright examples.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty cards. Thank you for the challenge, Joyce..........however, I don't know if mine is going to make it in the challenge. I have asked several people about whether black is a color or not even though it's not on the color wheel. Which lead to some interesting discussions. So.........if the card needs to be booted give me a heads up at bunnycardmaker@gmail.com and I'll delete it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have plenty of colors:-) Thanks for playing.

      Delete
  4. FANTASTIC inspiration cards :-) Thank you for this fun challenge

    IKE xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have the wheel picture on my blog but it is not showing up in my 2nd entry. Not sure why.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete
  6. I thought that we could choose 3 shades of same color like in my first entry in which I have 3+ shades of purple. If this is not the case then let me know & I'll delete it.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok, I see the comment that was made about not having enough colors was deleted from my blog post & followed by an accept comment so glad that it is ok to have 3 shades of a color.
      Melissa
      "Sunshine HoneyBee"

      Delete