FEATURED VIDEOS

 

Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Positively Negative


I'm Lisa Babitz, and I am so excited to have been asked to be the guest hostess for this week's Mod Squad Challenge!

My challenge for you this week is to create a project using the negative of a die (manual or electronically cut), punch, or hand-cut shape.  The negative is the piece of paper (or other medium) from which the shape or shapes were cut.  There are many different ways you could use the negative.  You could do Confetti Cluster Stamping using the negative as your template.  You could do Reverse Masking to create a background for your images.  You could use the actual negative on your project.  Stencils are negatives, too!  These are just a few examples of ways to use the negative on your project.  I can't wait to see what you create!


There is no sponsor this week so there is no bonus entry.  But there is a prize! The prize is "stuff" from my stash (Spellbinders "Circles" Impressabilites (which can be used as a stencil if you don't have a machine for embossing), two packs of metal embellishments, and silver foil tape). 


Here's my card:
I used dies to cut several flowers from a panel of card stock and used this panel as my card front with patterned paper behind it.  For details, please visit my blog: I Played With Paper Today




"Thank You Duo" - Gina K Designs
"Dot Flourishes" - Inkadinkado
"Edible Eggplant" - Gina K Ink
"Dark Plum Damask" - Sonnets by Sharon (Creative Imaginations)
"Edible Eggplant" - Gina K Card Stock
"Infatuation" - Bazzill Card Stock
Momenta Dies - lot 004798
Lavender Gem Stickers - Martha Stewart Crafts
 
Rules:
-Must be a NEW card/project as of the challenge start date
-You must be a "Follower" (click the "Join This Site" blue button in the right sidebar) of this blog to be eligible to win
-You may use any vendors products 


-Include a link back to this challenge page -You may enter as many challenges as you like -Enter as many times as you'd like


-Winner must send mailing address to Joyce before the following challenge.
-The host/hostess will pick a "Top 3" which will be featured on our Pinterest board -On sponsored weeks or any host/hostess give away weeks, the winner will be selected using a random generator.  Be sure to follow by email so you get notifications of new posts!(not required) Be sure to follow by email so you get notifications of new posts!(not required)


If you are new to using Inlinkz to upload, there are instructions HERE



9 comments:

  1. what a great challenge, I hope to participate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun challenge! I like how you used the flourish to make the stem of your flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Lisa! Great to see you here as the hostess! Great challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like fun... hope to have an entry!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome challenge Lisa - and so happy that you are a guest host!!! Can't wait to play! Oh, and I love your card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun challenge! I don't see the linky button so here is the link to my card:
    http://wirewrapture.blogspot.com/2015/05/love-and-life.html
    I will check back later to see if it the linky is there. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm... We definitely need the linky button! I will look into it.

      Delete
  7. Sorry everyone...the button is there now!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, ladies, I'm linked up now!

    ReplyDelete