FEATURED VIDEOS

 

Wednesday, May 6, 2015

WATERCOLOR STAMPING

Hello, and happy Wednesday!! Judy Woodland here with your Mod Squad Challenge for the week. Recently over at stampTV, the fabulously talented Kendra Wietstock showed us how to use water-based markers on our stamps to create a fabulous painterly look. You can watch her tutorial  Spectrum Aqua Tutorial ~ Coloring on a stamp!. I just loved the look! I am obsessed with all things watercolor, so I thought it would be fun to see what you come up with.


It is a prize week, with a Gina K Designs grab bag! Be sure to add MSC in front of your link name for an extra entry. See HERE





The prize this week is a grab bag from Gina K Designs so I know you want to participate.
Here are my samples


For this first one I used the butterfly (really I think it's a moth) from the GKD Take Flight Stamp Set. I first colored it with Aqua Markers and then used my water brush to fill in the color. It's mounted on GKD Tomato Soup and Sweet Corn Card Stock. The greeting is stamped in GKD Warm Cocoa Ink with a stamp from the GKD Birthday Blessings Stamp Set. I spattered it with some of the marker as well, and then outlined the butterfly with Stickles.
 



For this card I used the GKD Stately Flowers 1 Stamp Set by Melanie Muenchinger. I used the Bluebonnet stamp, and proceeded the same way as with the butterfly. The only thing different was that I spritzed the image with water after I had colored it in, let it bleed a little, and then quickly dried it. I love artsy result!! The card stock is GKD Fresh Asparagus, Vibrant Violet and White. With both cards I used Strathmore 140# cold press watercolor paper.

So let's see what you come up with. This technique is so gorgeous, no matter what you do it comes out to be just spectacular.


Rules:

-Must be a NEW card/project as of the challenge start date
-You must be a "Follower" (click the "Join This Site" blue button in the right sidebar) of this blog to be eligible to win
-You may use any vendors products 

-Include a link back to this challenge page -You may enter as many challenges as you like -Enter as many times as you'd like

-Winner must send mailing address to Joyce before the following challenge.
-The host/hostess will pick a "Top 3" which will be featured on our Pinterest board -On sponsored weeks or any host/hostess give away weeks, the winner will be selected using a random generator.  Be sure to follow by email so you get notifications of new posts!(not required) Be sure to follow by email so you get notifications of new posts!(not required)


If you are new to using Inlinkz to upload, there are instructions HERE

Be sure to add MSC in front of your link name for an extra entry. See HERE


 MUST BE A FOLLOWER TO WIN PRIZE OR TOP 3!
Click the "Join This Site" blue button in the right sidebar) of this blog to be eligible to win 

7 comments:

  1. Oh this is going to be FUN! Beautiful cards, loving your floral one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does it have to be the aqua markers? Or can we use any type of water color items? This looks fun but I am supposed to bake today. Yikes! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No you do not have to use Spectrum Aqua Markers - anything watercolor will be fine.

      Delete
  3. Your cards are GORGEOUS! I would not have thought to use the bluebonnet image (which I own) for this technique, but it looks great! TFS and I hope to find time to join in!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Judy, You do come up with the most challenging challenges. I have to sit this one out. I really don't have any watercolors. Can you believe that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. NP Joan, you can use ink pads smudged on mat or acylic block, add water and voila...watercolor:-)

      Delete
    2. Yeah, ditto what Joyce said....you can still play if you want. Any water based markers work too.

      Delete