FEATURED VIDEOS

 

Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Retiform Technique

Happy Wednesday!

Donna Phelan here hosting the Challenge for this week!

Now don't be scared by the title.....give it a try, I think you'll find you LOVE it!

Challenge

Retiform Challenge 

Retiform:  :  composed of crossing lines and interstices :

This is achieved by placing down paper (copy paper / post-it-notes) and then sponging ink on to different sections of the card stock, moving the paper as you go, to create colorful little sections.

This Weeks Sponsor is CAS-ual Fridays Stamps
http://cas-ualfridaysstamps.com/

All the stamps and Fri-Dies are designed by Michele , and are based on her love for Clean And Simple design, hence the CAS in CAS-ual. However, they will delight any stamper's style! Whether you are a CAS enthusiast or a lover of Utterly Adorable Layers, you will have a blast getting inky with them. 

The stamps are made in the USA of the finest clear photopolymer, and the coordinating line of wafer thin dies are also made in the USA.

 
2 Prizes

2 - $15 Gift Certificate each to the STORE


My 1st Card

 
Using inks in Wild Wasabi and Tempting Turquoise I created my retiform lines.  This technique makes little 'windows' of color, perfect for stamping and showcasing images and words. The stamp set is Wonderful Words.  Stamping in Black Licorice ink I just filled in all of the lovely little windows.  Sheer Ribbon for accent.
 
 
My 2nd Card


This time using Distress inks in Antique Linen, Peeled Paint and Wild Honey I created my retiform lines.  I used several stamp sets for this card; Casual Comfort, Girlfriend and 3 In A Row.  Inside I used the heart die from  Tic-Tac-Toe.  All images and sentiments stamped in Black Licorice ink.  A little Black and White Gingham Ribbon threaded through a Spellbinders Ribbon Buckle die for accent.

Don't be afraid to try new things....as we used to say to the kids when they were little, take a 'no-thank you bite'.  Try it once and if you don't like it just say, no thank you! 



Wonderful Words




Casual Comfort

 
Girlfriend





3 In A Row
 

  

Tic Tac Toe



RULES
  • Must be a NEW card/project as of the challenge start date
  • You must be a "Follower" Click the "Join This Site" blue button in the right sidebar of this blog to be eligible to win
  • You may use any vendors products to be eligible to win
  • You must follow the challenge theme
  • Include a link back to this challenge page
  • You may enter our challenge 3 times, (unique entries not variations of same card)
  • You may enter as many challenges as you like
  • Challenge ends on following Tuesday at 12 noon EST 
INFO
  • Winner must send mailing address to Joyce before the following challenge.
  • The host/hostess will pick a "Top 3" which will be featured on our PINTEREST board 
  • Winners of prizes will be selected using a random generator.
  • Be sure to follow by email so you get notifications of new posts!(not required)



If you are new to using Inlinkz to upload, there are instructions HERE

Be sure to add MSC in front of your link name for an extra entry if you any of the sponsor's image/product. Instructions are HERE
 


12 comments:

  1. This challenge sounds very tempting. I may want to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this challenge, it's a really fun one!!! Sounds complicated, but it's really not.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards and I love the CHALLENGE! Giving it a try for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a really fun technique!! Great DT samples.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gave mine a gingham look using the Retiform Technique. Have a BEE-utiful day!
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete
  6. You always think of something new and interesting. Just fabulous, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had to take time to play. It might be all the play I get in this week too. So I did enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! I have never seen this technique before till I saw Donna's amazing cards. I'm certainly going to try this out. Not sure how it will turn out - but I won't know if I don't try right?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loveyour cards! I tried this once...but it never made it:-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, this is such a fun challenge. Never tried this before. Thank you Donna for getting me to try new things:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the fun challenge! I had never tried this before but really enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete