FEATURED VIDEOS

 

Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Bordered Sentiment - No Flowers

It is the first week of August and we have another challenge for you.  Cindy Horvath and Barbara Campbell are your hosts for this week.   
Challenge
The challenge this week...is to use a bordered sentiment on your project.  That sounds easy, right!  So let's make it a bit harder.  You may not use flowers.  Think outside the box for this one. 
You draw two lines on the front of your card and put your sentiment in between.  Using a mask to cover up the sentiment, continue to decorate the front of the project. When you take off the mask, the border is there.

There are lots of you tube videos on bordered sentiments. I will include one here

Remember if you do not follow the challenge, your entry will not qualify for the prize.  

 This Weeks Sponsor is Gina K Designs

http://stamptv.com

A free community featuring card making, stamping techniques and project videos for papercrafters featuring stamps by Gina K. Designs.Be sure to check out StampTV for a ton of great videos and techniques. They also have weekly challenges.Shop Gina K Designs

 Prize

A $20 gift certificate for the store at Gina K Designs.


Barb's  Cards
For this card I used GKD white and bubble gum pink card stock and the new stamp from GKD called Sophie Pig.  Such a cute and fun stamp set to play with. 

 

For my second card I used GKD Peace and Joy stamp set.  

 

 

 

 

 

                                    SECOND SPONSOR

 
Concord & 9th   
We are Greg and Angie, two people with a passion for crafting, design & product development. Our paths crossed in 2010, a great working relationship ensued, and five years later Concord & 9th was born. Together, we hope to inspire your creative side, and provide exciting, high-quality, and innovative products.

 Prize

$25 Gift Card to Concord & 9th Store

 Cindy's
Cards


For this card, my sentiment is "bordering" my images.  I used a fun stamp set by Concord & 9th called Sweet & Cool.  I gave my ice pops faces ranging from "Happy" to "OMG! OW!" and mounted them on a banner from the most recent Stamp of Approval kit.  This was layered over a piece of embossed card stock, and mounted to a GKD Blue Raspberry card base.  I used Copic markers to color the pops, and inks in MFT Purple Rain, and Lemon Drop, and GKD in Grass Green for the background swooshes.My sentiment is heat embossed in black, and cut into "tiles" to border the images.
                                
For my next card, I used another very well loved stamp set by Concord & 9th called Eat Cake and Celebrate.  I stamped my sentiment multiple times, cut it into a border, mounted it to GKD Black Onyx card stock, added a scalloped trim piece to the bottom, and mounted it diagonally across my card, allowing me to combine two different MFT pattered papers as my backgrounds, one of which I repeatedly stamped the cute little cupcake.   


RULES
  • Must be a NEW card/project as of the challenge start date
  • You must be a "Follower" Click the "Join This Site" blue button in the right sidebar of this blog to be eligible to win
  • You may use any vendors products to be eligible to win
  • You must follow the challenge theme
  • Include a link back to this challenge page
  • You may enter our challenge 3 times, (unique entries not variations of same card)
  • You may enter as many challenges as you like
  • Challenge ends on following Tuesday at 12 noon EST 
INFO
  • Winner must send mailing address to Joyce before the following challenge.
  • The host/hostess will pick a "Top 3" which will be featured on our PINTEREST board 
  • Winners of prizes will be selected using a random generator.
  • Be sure to follow by email so you get notifications of new posts!(not required)



If you are new to using Inlinkz to upload, there are instructions HERE

Be sure to add MSC in front of your link name for an extra entry if you any of the sponsor's image/product. Instructions are HERE
 


12 comments:

  1. Oooh Fantastic creations! This looks like a wonderful technique....FAB Challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our pleasure! Can't wait to see what you do.

      Delete
  3. Please let me know if the sentiment that I used a Spellbinder banner die to cut out is ok for bordering sentiment challenge. You can respond here & I'll ck back. Have a Bee-utiful day from Central TX!
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for asking. It seems that so far no one has understood what a bordered sentiment is. If you watch the video, it will be very helpful. This will be a one layer card. No die is needed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok. Watched video & understand now. I'll delete the 1st entry and possibly retry. Have a Bee-utiful day from Central TX!
      Melissa
      "Sunshine HoneyBee"

      Delete
    2. Ok. Created one card and then realized I did not read or it did not sink in that you indicated do not use flowers so I'll post that for something else. Created 2nd card and gave it my own touch using a pencil stamp instead of drawing a line above & below the sentiment so hope that is ok. Used a post-it note and stamped an spple stamp. Hope this is acceptable. Have a Bee-utiful day from Central TX!
      Melissa
      "Sunshine HoneyBee"

      Delete
  5. It is perfect and just what the challenge called for.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Created another but not one layer but used the post-it note to mask/cover the sentiment while stamping the plant corsl. Please let me know if this is ok. Have a Bee-utiful day from Central TX!
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so sorry, but my first link didn't work, could you delete for me please?
    Many thanks
    Janice

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely design team makes, thank you for a great challenge.
    Janice x

    ReplyDelete